Reverse Your Heart Disease in Just Eight Weeks by Harnessing the Power of the Mediterranean Diet
If you’re one of the 13 million Americans who have survived a heart attack or been diagnosed with heart disease, Dr. Janet Bond Brill offers a delicious and foolproof plan that can lower your risk of a second heart attack by up to 70 percent. Inspired by the heart-healthy Mediterranean diet, the Prevent a Second Heart Attack Plan is based on satisfaction, rather than deprivation.
Backed by cutting edge research, Dr. Brill explains:
• Why the Mediterranean diet is the gold standard of heart-healthy eating
• How “good carbs” such as oatmeal and popcorn lower bad cholesterol, prevent high blood pressure, and control your weight
• The science behind eating fish for heart health
• Why having a glass of red wine with dinner is great for your heart—and which wines are the best choices
• The easiest, most delicious daily habit that will cut your heart attack risk
Packed with every tool you need to eat your way to better heart health–including daily checklists, a complete two-week eating plan, and dozens of mouthwatering recipes to suit every meal, taste, and budget—Prevent a Second Heart Attack provides you with the knowledge, skills, and confidence to live long and enjoy the good life, the heart healthy way.
JANET BOND BRILL, Ph.D., R.D., LDN, is a diet, nutrition, and fitness expert who has appeared on national television. She is the author of Cholesterol Down: 10 Simple Steps to Lower Your Cholesterol In 4 Weeks Without Prescription Drugs, and specializes in cardiovascular disease prevention. Dr. Brill lives in Pennsylvania with her husband and three children.